Friday, January 23, 2009

My Grandpa, My Hero












So, for those of you that don't know, me and Nick live in my grandpa's basement. It has truly been a blessing to be there, not only for me and Nick but for my grandpa as well. He is so much fun to spend time with, whether it be eating dinner with him, making his dinner, watching a movie with him, playing a song for him on the piano, or just being in the same room with him. Over the last three months my love for him has grown so much for him! One of the greatest blessings of being there is that we are able to hear him if he falls.

A couple of weeks ago, we decided we would surprise my mom by going to her ward instead of ours. Her ward starts at 11 and ours starts at 1, so after we got done with her block we went home to take a nap before going over to Nick's parents for dinner. Well, we fell asleep for about an hour or so when I woke up to my phone ringing and it was my grandpa telling me that he was in the garage and he had fallen. So me and Nick jumped up and ran up the stairs to help him up. It was so hard for me to walk out into the garage and see my grandpa, the same grandpa that would throw me in the air when I was little, and push me in his tire swing, and push me on his bike; lying there on the floor and not being able to get up. Luckily we were able to help him up and get into the house. It was of those times where I was so grateful that we were living with him. I got the overwhelming feeling right then that my grandma was also grateful for us living there with him.

I love my grandpa so much, he really is my hero! He is so strong in so many ways. I have always been my grandpa's girl, and I think I will always be that, no matter how old I get. I hope that he will always know how much I love him!















No comments: