Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cuppycakes...yum!

So, as I mentioned in my last post it was my sister's farewell this last weekend.  With it being her farewell and all, my in laws went all out, they are truly amazing people!  I am so blessed to have them and to be a part of their family.  So, in wanting to help my cute Mama Jones, I offered to make cupcakes, (she told me to make only about 2 dozen), I was planning on making all of them.  So as I was over there one day I saw on her shopping list that she had ordered cupcakes and I told her that I would much rather make them instead of having her buy them.  Plus, if you ask me, homemade cupcakes are so much better than store bought :) so, after a little discussion or more of me telling her that I was going to make them and that there would be no further conversation about cupcakes.  So, I spent a couple hours on Pinterest, (oh how I love that website) and searching Google for some fun new ideas for cupcakes.  I came up with, Orange Creamsicle with orange creamsicle buttercream, Chocolate Banana with an attempt at doing a pattern of powdered sugar, Coconut Lime with a coconut lime buttercream, Chocolate with an Oreo buttercream, Vanilla with a chocolate buttercream, Strawberry with a strawberry cream cheese and a Funfetti with buttercream.  Let's just say that it is a really good thing that I love to bake, because I was baking all day on Friday.  I made just under 200 cupcakes.  They were so good though!  I didn't frost them until Saturday with one of our good friends who is super talented at frosting!  But here are some pictures of the cupcakes.  I bet you all wish you could taste one, right?
All 169 waiting to be frosted
Me and Tawny, frosting champs!





1 comment: