Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Country Tis Of Thee...

Happy late 4th of July! It was such a fun weekend!!! Full of a lot of things, parties, bbqs, fireworks and more parties! It was way fun! I think my favorite part of the whole weekend was doing fireworks! I love to light them and watch them, or I like to watch the ones that different cities do. So we started off Saturday morning having our pancake breakfast at Steven and Diane's. It was way fun, and super delicious! Diane makes the best buttermilk pancakes and buttermilk syrup, although I have to give credit to Steven for making the syrup, with just a little help from me and Diane. After breakfast we met Amy and Manny and the kids at Sandy Days. Which for me has always been a highlight of the 4th. I have done it since I was a little kid, and every year that I don't go I feel like I am missing something! But it was way fun, me, Amy and Nichole all got our faces painted, so much fun! It made Nick think I was a little kid, but who isn't a little kid at heart? And I proudly wore the paint on my face for the whole day! It was great to see all of the people's reaction to it! I got quite the compliments.

After Sandy Days, we went home to rest for a little while and so I could work on making dessert for Nick's family party that night. I made a patriotic ice cream cake, and firecracker bites, it was all so delicious! Then we went over to the in-laws house where we had lunch and then we went and bought fireworks! Then we came back and had an awesome dinner! After dinner we all went outside and started playing with some of the fireworks. Nick's brother brought him some firecrackers and he was in heaven! He also brought his potato cannon and we shot candy out of it for the little kids, it was great, we would shoot the candy out and they would all start yelling, "CANDY! CANDY!" and run after it like they had never seen candy before in there life! So that pretty much sums up Saturday, it was a very busy, but fun day!

On Sunday, we went over to my parents house, because they have Brazilian exchange students living with them for the month, so we had another big party over there! I again made dessert, which turned out to be heavenly! I made carrot cake, which I had never done before but it tasted so good! If I do say so myself! Then me and Nick,went out to the front yard and started playing with more fireworks. Eventually, everyone came out and started watching them. It was quite the day!

We both had the day off on Monday, so we didn't do a whole lot of exciting things. We did do some cleaning that I have been wanting to get done for a very long time, so that was nice. But other than that, it was a nice relaxing day! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks for the pancake complements and I love your Ice cream cake! Looks delicious! And... I am glad you got your face painted! I love days when I feel like a kid!