Thursday, September 16, 2010

My new stuff!

I got this pillow the Saturday after my Grandpa's funeral,
and it is now sitting on my couch.
So as most of you know, my Grandpa passed away a couple of weeks ago.  And let me tell you since then life has been crazy at my house!  There has been construction, cleaning, moving, more construction and even more cleaning!  I always knew that my grandparents were collectors of many things, but I never realized how much until the last couple of weeks while we have been going through their stuff.  Until recently it has looked like a hurricane has gone through the upstairs of the house.  It is now starting to look a little bit better, but just a little bit.  I will have to post a picture of all the stuff that is currently sitting in the garage waiting for the garage sale this weekend.

Here is the stairway looking down into the entrance

So admist all of the cleaning we have had construction going on outside, and yes it was messy, but I am so excited about the end result!  They were building us a seperate entrance!  I absolutely love it!  I haven't used it much other than move furniture around!  And the most exciting thing about having our own seperate entrance is that we were finally able to bring our couch down that has been sitting in the garage for the last year collecting dust.  I couldn't be happier!  We brought the couch down on Saturday night at like 10:30 or so, just because we couldn't wait any longer!  It looks so good in our cute little place!  It has definitely made it feel much more like home for us!  My parents have been so good to us because they bought us a brand new stove, which I haven't used a lot yet, but I know that it will be put to good use!  I'm excited that we won't have to use our little hot plate anymore to make dinner.  Here are some pictures of what our place looks like, it is still a work in progress.  I'm so excited to decorate for Halloween, I'll have to post pictures of when I do, but here you go for now!  I'll keep you posted on everything once it is all completed. 

Here is our front door!

This is what you see when you first walk in,
it is our lighthouse corner

Through that door is our entryway
 


Here is one of our walls...


 











Here is our new stove any my cute table and chairs
that we got for $5 at a garage sale!






And last but not least, here is my wonderful new couch!!!


No comments: