Friday, September 10, 2010

Where were you...

On September 11, 2001?  What were you doing when you heard about the Twin Towers?  How did you react to the news?  I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, I was standing in my bathroom brushing my teeth, and getting ready for school.  I was in 8th grade.  At first I didn't believe it, but then I went and I watched a few minutes of the news before I had to leave for school.  Once I got to school we watched the news in almost everyone of my classes, except for choir.  Although I remember watching a few minutes of it, and it was right after the towers had fallen.  I remember being in English and my teacher having a really hard time because her sister lived in New Jersey and worked near or in the towers but that morning was running late and as the planes hit she was on the ferry.  I will never forget watching the news everyday and hoping and praying that they would be able to find people.  The night of 9/11, we were doing a project for my sister's work at the time stuffing containers with smoothie mixes, and the money that we raised doing that we donated to help with rescue efforts.
    Last night, me and Nick were watching a documentary on the events that happened and me feel so grateful for living in America and the freedom that we each have!  I had a hard time falling asleep last night because I was so grateful for the great land that we live in!  I think we take it for advantage sometimes!  Even though there is great turmoil around us, I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father that is watching over us!  I hope we all take the time to REMEMBER this weekend all the lives that were lost and the lives of those people that helped rescue others!

No comments: